By Ming-ko Woo (Ed.),Ming-ko Woo
This ebook provides decade-long advances in atmospheric examine within the Mackenzie River Basin in northern Canada, which encompasses environments consultant of so much chilly components on the earth. Collaborative efforts have yielded wisdom completely transferable to different excessive range areas in the US, Europe and Asia. This ebook enhances the 1st quantity coming from the GEWEX undertaking, facing the region's atmospheric dynamics.
Read or Download Cold Region Atmospheric and Hydrologic Studies. The Mackenzie GEWEX Experience: Volume 2: Hydrologic Processes PDF
Similar hydrology books
Over the past decade and especially in recent times, the macroscopic porous media idea has made decisive development about the basics of the speculation and the improvement of mathematical types in numerous fields of engineering and biomechanics. This development has attracted a few realization, and accordingly meetings dedicated nearly completely to the macrosopic porous media idea were equipped in an effort to gather all findings, to give new effects, and to debate new developments.
Dimension, research and modeling of utmost precipitation occasions associated with floods is key in figuring out altering weather affects and variability. This ebook offers tools for evaluate of the tendencies in those occasions and their affects. It additionally offers a foundation to advance tactics and directions for climate-adaptive hydrologic engineering.
This three-part ebook presents a finished and systematic creation to those not easy themes corresponding to version calibration, parameter estimation, reliability evaluation, and knowledge assortment layout. half 1 covers the classical inverse challenge for parameter estimation in either deterministic and statistical frameworks, half 2 is devoted to procedure id, hyperparameter estimation, and version measurement relief, and half three considers easy methods to gather info and build trustworthy types for prediction and decision-making.
This booklet furnishes state of the art wisdom approximately how earthquake faulting is coupled with fluid move. The authors describe the theoretical heritage of modeling of faulting coupled with fluid move intimately. box and laboratory facts to indicate the fluid involvement in earthquake faulting can be conscientiously defined.
- Vulnerability of Watersheds to Climate Change Assessed by Neural Network and Analytical Hierarchy Process (SpringerBriefs in Water Science and Technology)
- Applied Geoinformatics for Sustainable Integrated Land and Water Resources Management (ILWRM) in the Brahmaputra River basin: Results from the EC-project BRAHMATWINN
- An Introduction to Soil Mechanics (Theory and Applications of Transport in Porous Media)
- Mud Volcanoes, Geodynamics and Seismicity: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Mud Volcanism, Geodynamics and Seismicity, Baku, Azerbaijan, ... 22 May 2003: 51 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- Sinkholes and Subsidence: Karst and Cavernous Rocks in Engineering and Construction (Springer Praxis Books)
- Lake and Reservoir Management (Developments in Water Science)
Extra resources for Cold Region Atmospheric and Hydrologic Studies. The Mackenzie GEWEX Experience: Volume 2: Hydrologic Processes
Cold Region Atmospheric and Hydrologic Studies. The Mackenzie GEWEX Experience: Volume 2: Hydrologic Processes by Ming-ko Woo (Ed.),Ming-ko Woo